Saturday, January 19, 2019

crickets

flourish farm had a table at the s'morestice. they were giving out free samples. the dj announced there were crickets and i said i was all about the crickets. i would have BOUGHT some, but they were free. because samples.

this was not my first time at the cricket rodeo and they were the best crickets i've ever eaten. the thai chili was a little too spicy for my tame palate, but the garlic and sea salt was just about perfect, plus it's a sustainable efficient protein.

but you love crunchy snack foods, right? so go ahead, eat your crickets. they're not just for your weird neighbor's frog anymore.

i kept telling people they were the going to be the best crickets they'd ever eaten, but really for most people that's not a high bar to get over.

they had four flavors. i tried the garlic and sea salt and the thai lime. i loved the first one, but the second was too spicy and the nutty flavor of the crickets was just overwhelmed.

still, delicious. and nutritious.

1 comment:

Zhoen said...

I'm willing. Although, I'm sure I'd prefer the chili Thai.

I was going to try muskrat when Aunt Betty made it. And if it had been in a stew, I certainly would have. But the little carcass on the plate, on top of the strong smell, and I just couldn't manage it. I was... 12 or so? something like that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails