Wednesday, November 22, 2006

truck lane 500 feet

that's what it says on the sign in front of me; i'm pulled over to the side of VT route 9. i stopped to check my map and fix the zipper on my ski pants and i noticed that my computer had connected to someone's network.

i left Flyingfisher's house later than planned; i slept kinda late and there was breakfast and we kind of sat around talking a little.

even so, i managed to find ten caches (nine?), the last two in the dark.

i've had my very luxuriant dinner; i bought a hot turkey breast. and i had a fruit smoothie, a couple of little corn muffins, some cheese, and a very fine cream cheese brownie.

i also did a little light shopping and bought a roll of paper towels and a pair of sharpies. i don't understand what happened to my sharpies, but i had a surplus of them when i left work monday afternoon and all of a sudden i can't find any.

maybe it has something to do with the way my gear gets packed in the car. because i live in here, i have to be very precise in where things go. everythign has a bag; glove bag, raingear bag, cache stuff bag, cache pack...

anyway, if a thing gets put in the wrong bag or falls onto the floor, chances are pretty good that i won't find it until i get home.

well.

it's about 1900h and i'd better get going, or i won't get all my water heated up and stuff ready for bed.

hope you're all having a good week.

2 comments:

jess said...

Funny, I buy Sharpies frequently, but yet I can never find one when I want it. Also funny - my honey always seems to have Sharpies, yet he never shops....

owled said...

As a graduate student in medical research, I discovered that black Sharpies (not red, blue, or green) were the best for writing on test tubes -- they lasted even after multiple washes and were resistant to almost all solvents (except, of course, xylene).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails