Monday, May 11, 2015

you don't see that every day.

i have a little cup of grass on the windowsill near my desk.

of course i do.

because my mom used little cups of grass as table decorations at easter. and she was so excited about it, showing us how you can "mow" it.

yes, she calls it mowing, even though you're just trimming it with your scissors. but you know, to keep it in really nice shape (and who doesn't love carefully manicured grass?) it needs daily care of some sort.

one of my friends said "that's not a houseplant. that's a PET."

fine, whatever.

so a few weeks ago when i was going to NEFFA, i had to bring my cup o' grass with me. so barb and i are getting into the elevator and i'm holding the cup o' grass in my hand and a guy gets on and he takes a look at me and says "now, there's something you don't see every day."



3 comments:

Cookie said...

Plants are definitely pets! I love lil Cuppa Grassy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

is this recent? it's not green there and it's spring!

flask said...

it's pretty recent. it only got green here yesterday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails