Tuesday, September 28, 2021

2021 venture vermont: . Cook on a campfire

in my work for the girl scouts, i spent a lot of my summer cooking on campfires because i am skilled at it and teach it to children.


mostly hotdogs and popcorn though.


and i'm trying to broaden my repertoire, because i like food, and i like cooking on a campfire.


at coolidge state park last month, we made a delicious low country boil with scallops and shrimp, but my dutch oven biscuits didn't come out well, because i didn't have a barrier on th ground under the dutch oven and not enough heat.


but i'm learning.


this past weekend at ascutney state park, we made lobster mushrooms in a light cream sauce over fettucine. my dutch oven biscuits were better, but still not enough heat for the oven on a cold day.













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails