Wednesday, July 20, 2011

we're having a heat wave!

tonight at my race i was talking with my friends and while we're not really happy about the temperatures, we thought it would be really funny for all of us here in northern new england to get on the interwebs and complain about the heat.

and the weather.

today it must have been eighty-five degrees here at my house! and it's sunny every day except for the afternoons when it rains, so the grass is lush and green and at this time of year golden topped in the sunset hours.

blast the heat. eighty-five degrees is about fifteen degrees warmer than i like it.

it's july, which means i watch a lot of TV. the whole reason i pay for he cable package i do is because i have to watch the tour every july.

every day.

today i have to catch the primetime coverage because i had to miss the live coverage because yesterday i got a flat tire on my way to my race and today i had to get it fixed AND i had to take my bike into the shop for repairs.

in my spare time, i'm editing the song i wrote and i'm organizing and clocking photos for the thirteen project. if you're just joining us, i take a picture every thirteen hours. i have been doing this for eighteen months now. i'm behind in the organizing, mostly because i got bottled up behind the Very Bad Thing; in order to clock the photos from november and december i have to come face to face with it and the subsequent prolonged stay in the crazy house where they took away my camera, so i've had to come up with a way to represent the weeks behind bars in a way that preserves the spirit of the project.

yesterday i posted november to youtube; tomorrow i'll get a good start on clocking december.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are expecting 38 celcius tomorrow which is approximately 108 farenheit. No complaints. I don't have to shovel it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

85? Try 105 here today. it's miserable. I am not a fan of anything over 70 honestly. The humidity is killer right now. I'll trade you the mid atlantic for norther new england!!! My dog even hates it.

Yankee Girl said...

Complaining about the weather is a very popular thing to do lately. I'm trying not to complain. It could be worse.

It could be snowing. Yuck.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails