Wednesday, January 03, 2018

goal!

today i hit the last of my big ingress playing goals for my rookie year.

today, at the summit of mount elmore, in white snow and blue sky, i made the hack that gave me my black sojourner badge.

so.

my first year isn't over yet, but i have a black sojourner and i'm a level 16.

i was worried today that i would feel sad and lonely making the trip up there for the second time in as many days, so i brought along podcasts to listen to, but it wasn't necessary. the time passed quickly and easily, and every time i do it, it gets easier.

there were a couple of inches of freshies on top on a good hardpacked trail, and while it was squeaky loud snow yesterday because it was seventeen below zero, today it was thirty degrees warmer (still cold) but the new snow absorbed all the sound and it was bright and lovely and silent.

and the trip down was made in record time since this time i remembered to bring my sled.









1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

sure is pretty - from inside. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails