Wednesday, November 12, 2014

the GMO debate

i'm not afraid of GMO foods. i don't think they're dangerous.

i am sick to death of people who keep framing the debate as if everyone who wants GMO labeling is afraid of GMO foods in spite of awesome science.

i want GMO labeling so i can decide whether or not i want to buy foods with GMO organisms in them. knowledge is power. i'm very much against roundup ready crops and proprietary crops that come with penalties for using seed.

i'm against large greedy corporations owning the food sources.

you want to sell me food? fine. make good food i want to eat with agricultural practices i approve of.

all this whining by huge agribusinesses that if people knew how their food was made, it would hurt business just makes me think maybe those guys shouldn't have legal protections for harmful, immoral, and / or disgusting production practices.

i don't want ag-gag laws. i want GMO labeling.

if YOU want to eat GMO foods, that's all right with me. you can spend your grocery money how you want. i want to be able to make informed choices about the sources of the food i buy. hey, i plan to continue eating some GMO foods, even.

i just want to be cable to make those decisions for myself.

i do not think people are so stupid as to be confused by the labelling, but then again, people are stupid enough to think gluten uniformly bad.

i'll tell you what's bad: processed crap.

eat real food.

2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Agreed!
I actually had a numb nut say, "what are you trying to prove not eating anything from a box?" I said, "I am not trying to prove anything to you. I just prefer eating real food and attempting to be healthy for as long as I can.

Ass holes.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I agree, obviously. The lengths I go to for real food are a little absurd. Except on days like today when I eat six Oreos in a sitting.

There are exceptions to every rule, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails