Sunday, August 26, 2012

time machine

my parents have been divorced since 1982. each of them has been remarried for a long time.

my sister got married a long time ago. she's still married.

last night we all were at my dad's for a boat ride on the pontoon boat and dinner after.

and there we all were, the seven of us: me and my sister and her husband and my mom and dad and each of their current spouses in the sunshine on the water and for a couple of minutes i looked over and it was forty five years ago and my dad was young and dashing, with his young wife and tiny little daughters on the big boat with the teak deck on the hudson river.

maybe nobody noticed the time shift but me.

1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

beautiful picture in my head.
thx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails