Sunday, August 12, 2012

you shouldn't eat it.

this is a lobster mushroom.

it is a parasitic species that grows on other mushrooms. it is reported to be delicious.

the tricky bit is that it takes on the toxicolgy profile of whatever species it's growing on AND it completely consumes its host, making it nearly impossible to tell what the host species is.

so maybe completely edible and delicious, maybe totally deadly and still delicious.

i wouldn't risk it. you probably shouldn't either.

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails