Tuesday, May 23, 2017

in which flask pisses off the natural world again

so there was this thing where i had to put up a different tarp. a wind gust had blown out the first one from the right side grommets. i couldn't deal with it right then so i just wrapped the tarp over my gear and decided to take care of it later.

the next day when i went to lift that tarp to get at my bags i found that a colony of ants had decided to buil their nursery in my three gear bags, so unpleasant surprise for me but more unpleasant for them, because they spent the whole day trying to move all of the colony's eggs to a safer place IN MY BAGS which was a poor strategy at best.

i guess the benefit to me is that there are fewer ants in general on my campsite now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails