Sunday, February 17, 2013

ricker 3400

at some point later on (maybe much later on) i will get around to writing up my geocache log for this cache, but in the meantime let's just say that i took the vista chair up, mad a lovely walk over, and didn't find the cache.

i did, however, take some lovely pictures of the whole thing so i have all that to share with you in the meantime.


photo album:




video:







ricker 3400 take 1 at EveryTrail
EveryTrail - Find hiking trails in California and beyond

2 comments:

Karen said...

You know what? I got all excited about seeing that Vista lift adventure you had and planned on trying it myself when I was visiting my son over there in Richmond. But the trouble is, I've never been downhill skiing, but I thought they might let me go up there with snow shoes. To make a long story short, I ended up going up and down the mighty mite run about 20+ times with a very patient instructor and then conquered my primal fear and went down the snowflake trail. I think I took 45 minutes to get down it. Maybe I'll even try again some other day (to ski-down snowflake I mean-I don't think I'll ever be ready for the big girl's run) All thanks to your video!
Cheers,
Arprodeo :)

flask said...

arprodeo,

they will let you go up there on snowshoes, but you have to go by way of the backcountry trails which is a LONG schlepp.

if you can get off the lift pretty competently, i believe they will let you buy a one ride ticket to deposit you and your snowshoes up on the trail.

in any case, if you are over here again and you want to go up and down the snowflake trail, drop me a line. i'll be happy to hang out with you there.

i also know the easiest way down the big girl run in case you get ambitious and most of the way (under good conditions) it's not any harder than snowflake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails