Monday, September 14, 2015

morning person

it seems unlikely, but i am apparently a morning person.

although to be fair, i do not do my mornings in the fashion of those who just jump out of bed when the alarm goes off and are bright and shiny.

my morning begins sometime around four or five when i START TO WAKE UP. this doesn't involve an alarm clock. it happens organically, and it's a process that takes somewhere between a half hour and an hour. i move experimentally, thinking a little and dreaming a little the half dreams of the half asleep. maybe i fall asleep again, maybe not.

for a while i just enjoy the comfort of the bed, and when i have moved on from thinking and dreaming to just thinking, it's time to get out of bed. this is usually around five or six.

i pull on clothes, brush my teeth and wash my face and i wander downstairs to get my breakfast beverage.

then i like to sit at my desk and look at emails, play some games, and in general take a slow start.

often between eight and eleven i wander off to make a plate of real food.

i get my best work done between six and ten.

it's lovely.

2 comments:

Kristin @ Going Country said...

It sounds lovely. I am trying hard not to be jealous of a slow start to the morning. (My morning started at 4:50 with a hungry baby, progressed to a totally tantruming toddler with no pants on at 6 a.m., and moved on without pausing to scrambling eggs, pouring milk, and packing lunches. I have become a cliche.)

flask said...

fret not. no matter how hard you try, you are NOT in danger of becoming a cliché. you're just not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails