Friday, March 21, 2014

can i get this many?

today i left the house to go get the one geocache i had to get, only i left without my wallet and also without any cash.

and once i was some miles from home i noticed how very low i was on gas.

i thought maybe i could get home before the fuel light came on.

nope.

and i did not think that was enough gas to get home and back to a gas station, so i scrounged a dollar forty in change from the console and under the seats and marched into a gas station and asked if i could get that much gas.

hey, it got me home.

2 comments:

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Reminds me of a Jeff Foxworthy (the "You might be a redneck . . " guy) piece in which he references "rolling-pennies-for-gas broke." I also thought of that when I was unearthing pennies from my car to get the two dollars for a carton of eggs at the Mennonite farm. I was rolling-pennies-for-eggs broke.

Zhoen said...

We went out to Antelope Island, didn't even think about the park having a fee, didn't have any cash on us, so we scrounged through the car for loose change. Came up a bit short, but the ranger took pity on us. We started keeping a stash of spare change in a little bag, at least a few dollars worth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails